Romulus, New York – June 17, 2020
Forget the bus and take your car!
Deer Haven Park is offering a new way to experience the history and wildlife at the former Seneca Army Depot. The grand opening of The Majesty & Mystery Automobile Tour is set for Saturday, June 27th at Deer Haven Park in Romulus.
When you visit Deer Haven Park this summer, you will be in the comfort of your own vehicle and ride along a pre-determined course on military and local roads that have not been driven on by the general public in over 80 years!
You’ll see some of the ammunition storage igloos, gunpowder buildings, and rail-car loading platforms used by the US Army to load and offload bombs and ammunition for use overseas during WWII, the first Gulf War and every military confrontation in between. You will see evidence of civilian farm life prior to 1940, and of course, you will have the opportunity to catch a glimpse of the Majestic Seneca white deer and American Bald Eagles that reside at Deer Haven Park!
For safety and liability reasons, VISITORS WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE AUTO TOUR.
- What: Self-Guided Auto Tour along a predetermined route of Deer Haven Park
- Length: 8 miles
- Duration: Approximately 60 – 90 minutes
- Hours: Every Saturday from June 27th through Columbus Day weekend 9am – 6pm
- Where: All tours begin and end at the Deer Haven Park Visitor Center
Romulus, NY 14541
(Just 2 miles North of Sampson State Park)
- Fee: $25 per vehicle (including the driver), plus
* $5 for each additional person in the vehicle
* Due to COVID-19, Deer Haven Park will waive the additional person fee. The fee for the Deer Haven Park Automobile Tour will be a flat $25 per vehicle until further notice. (No buses please)
ALL PROCEEDS HELP PAY FOR HABITAT IMPROVEMENTS WITHIN DEER HAVEN PARK.
The FREE Deer Haven Park Auto Tour app will provide the narrative as you drive through the park! The app was designed for both IOS and Android platforms and will be available in the iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
If you would like to get out and get a first-hand look at some of the many interesting features Deer Haven Park has to offer, you might want to consider a Group or Bus Tour. Bus tours feature a live tour guide and a 90-minute ride along new routes where you will have a better opportunity to see the white deer. Visit Deer Haven Park online for more information at deerhavenpark.org.